Thursday, January 26, 2012

v1.0


First posts are hard things, folks.

What first? Something strong right out of the gate? A visual breakdown of all 8-bit's merit? A lengthy piece on interpolation in modern gaming narratives? A charming biography on me and my long, rich history with gaming?

I've deleted like four drafts of that kind of stuff already.

Like I said, first posts are hard.

So, let's just get this over with and get down to business.

A quick intro:

I came to video games relatively late in life. As one of those kids whose otherwise lovely parents are born against home consoles, I just never really had a system around the house. So, I never really got into games as a serious hobby until the start of the 360 era.

I say serious hobby because I obviously did play games before then. I mean, what kind of portly high school nerd would I be if I didn't play games? Mostly PC. A bit of N64 at friends' houses.

But let's just say I started late and had to work backwards; do my homework.

Anyways, I like video games. Mainly because they're fun and mostly because they're just starting to come into their own as a storytelling medium.

We'll discuss.

Anyways, Hi.

I'm James.



No comments:

Post a Comment